The Aquinas College School of Nursing is seeking full-time faculty in its Associate Degree Nursing Program, beginning in the Fall of 2013.
MSN required; doctoral degree in nursing or a related field preferred. Minimum of two years experience in nursing education at undergraduate or graduate level; Unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in Tennessee.
Duties and Responsibilities
Includes but not limited to the following:
- Supports and implements the policies and procedures of Aquinas College and the School of Nursing in accord with the mission and core values of the College, the Philosophy of the School of Nursing and affiliating agencies.
- Serves as instructional faculty, role model, and educational consultant to faculty, preceptors, students, alumni and agency staff.
- Develops and implements assigned courses in accord with the curriculum of the specific program.
- Coordinates and assesses the outcomes of student learning experiences with other course faculty, clinical faculty, preceptors, graduate students and the affiliating agency.
- Identifies and implements learning activities that assist students in integrating theory and practicum experiences in order to master the course and program outcomes.
- Supervises students in the practice setting and assists them in fulfilling the outcomes of the learning experience.
- Collaborates with course and program faculty in assessing student mastery of identified competencies leading to meeting the course outcomes.
- Participates in the academic advising program;
- Accepts appointments to committees and task groups of the School of Nursing and of Aquinas College.
Email cover letter and resume to Mrs. Peggy Daniel, MSN, RN, CNE, Director, ASN Program at Aquinas College: email@example.com.