The purpose of this position is to generate mid-level to principal level gifts to the College; specifically to plan, manage, and continually refine the solicitation activities associated with all fundraising and similar activities that support the work of the prioritized Aquinas programs.
- Develop and continually refine an appropriate, effective, and sustainable business plan for the Aquinas Annual Fund campaign and related appeals.
- Actively implement an effective process for moving prospective donors continually closer to continually larger Annual Fund and Major Gifts (Sequential steps may include but not be limited to prospect identification, prospect research, visit sequencing, presentation of multiple funding opportunities, proposal presentation, results tracking, donor acknowledgement and recognition, and gift reporting).
- Continually identify and approach new prospective donors in addition to implementing effective solicitation methods for traditional prospects.
- Recruit and effectively utilize volunteers to actively support fundraising efforts.
- Monitor results actively and provide timely and accurate analysis and reporting of fundraising efforts
- Ensure that Advancement Office gift reports are reconciled with the Business Office no less than quarterly.
- Confirm that all gifts/donations/sponsorships are processed timely and in accordance with the database and Advancement Office policies/procedures.
- Manage the gift acknowledgement and stewardship process in an appropriate way that encourages additional gifts and draws people closer to the College.
- Maintain best practices and ethical standards for non-profit fundraising and financial transparency.
- Develop and effectively manage a budget appropriate for the annual business plan.
- Conduct reasonably active market research to plan continual expansion of the solicitation activity, establish realistic stretch fundraising goals for each fundraising effort along with the Vice President for Advancement.
- Coordinate actively and effectively with the marketing and public relations efforts of the College to provide the needed support for fundraising activities (e.g., fundraising collateral and presentation materials).
- In conjunction with the Director of Alumni Relations, develop and offer events to nurture the fundraising and stewardship efforts.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in business, or non-profit administration
- Five years experience in professional fundraising (preferably higher education) or in a sales-focused equivalent position
- Foundation grant writing experience preferred
- Excellent and apparent verbal and presentation skills and proven experience in effective persuasive writing, also excellent editing skills
- Ability to organize and effectively manage multiple, simultaneous tasks and to direct fundraising activity effectively while collaborating as a valuable team member with the Advancement Office staff
- Commitment to the mission of Aquinas College, and willingness to abide by the Catholic Church’s teachings on stewardship and fundraising
To apply, email a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Jennifer Laster, Assistant to the Vice President for Administration, at email@example.com.