Resources for Catholic Identity
Resources for Home and Classroom
- Year of Saint Joseph Resource The Resource for the Year of St. Joseph provides prayers to share, artwork to enjoy, scripture and thoughts for prayerful consideration and activities that can be adapted to home, school and parish.
- Black History Month Resource Highlighting the role of African American Catholics in the United States, this resource aims to aid teachers and catechists in planning activities and/or content.
- Saints Posters This resource will help students grow in knowledge and love of the saints, so that they may imitate them and become the saints God created them to be.
Resources on the Nature, Mission, and Identity of Catholic Schools
The following resources show the development and treatment of the nature and mission of the Catholic school in recent Church documents.
- New Resource! The Mission and Identity of Catholic Schools: A Reflective Resource for Educators
- Timeline of Major Church Documents relating to Catechetics and Catholic Education
- The Nature, Mission and Identity of the Catholic School
- A Model for Catholic Identity across the Curriculum
- Catholic Schools Week: The Saints on Teaching and Learning
Discussion and Study Guides on Selected Church Documents
Although developed primarily as a tool for group discussion, the Study and Discussion Guides provided here may also be used as a resource for independent study. They can be useful for professional development for those who serve in Catholic schools or as a means to inform and involve parents in discussions on Catholic education.