Writing Services & Resources
Student Learning Services offers comprehensive writing support for all types of writing assignments.
- Pre-writing (brainstorming, outlining, finding an essay topic)
- Revising a draft
- Organizing ideas & strengthening arguments
- Citing sources (MLA, APA, Chicago)
- Grammar, punctuation, and sentence level editing
- Student Success Seminars
For more information fill out the form here.
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Oxford Dictionaries Online (the best free online dictionary on the web)
- The Internet Grammar of English – University College London
- Purdue University’s Online Writing Lab (O.W.L.)
MLA Citation Resources (from Purdue’s OWL)
- Writing About Literature
- MLA 2009 Formatting and Style Guide
- Format for “In-Text Citations“
- Formatting “Quotations“
- Works Cited Page “Basic Format“
- Works Cited Page – BOOKS
- Works Cited Page – Electronic Sources / Web Publications
- CLICK HERE to see what a properly formatted Works Cited Page should LOOK LIKE!!
Chicago Style Resources
- Citation Guide for the Chicago Manual of Style
APA Format and Citation Resources
Format for In-text Citation: the Basics
- Reference List: Electronic Resources
- Reference List: Journals and Periodicals
- Reference List: Books
- CLICK HERE to see a properly formatted APA style research paper with Reference page.
- In-depth video tutorials on all aspects of APA citation and formatting (from APA’s official web site)