Office of Institutional Research
The Office of Institutional Research provides complete and accurate data in a timely manner as required by various units and educational programs of the College for the purpose of making sound decisions about the quality of services and educational programs. The Office of Institutional Research also conducts various surveys and responds to survey requests from governmental agencies as well as other, select organizations.
The extent to which the College is accomplishing its mission is determined primarily by metrics utilized to ascertain achievement of its goals. The goals of Aquinas College are listed below, with each one linked to annually updated data tables, outcomes measures and analyses that provide indicators of success and suggest future strategies for improvement.
(It will be noted that Aquinas College Goals #1 and #2 utilize metrics associated with student achievement to determine the extent to which they have been accomplished.)
Aquinas College Organizational Goals
The following goals of Aquinas College represent its commitment to student achievement and formation, operational efficacy and mission promotion through community engagement:
- Provide academic programs in education and in the liberal arts that foster the intellectual and moral virtues, professional excellence, and integration of faith and life.
- Provide services and support that facilitate academic progress, inquiry, and achievement.
- Cultivate a student experience directed toward the formation of the whole person in virtue, wisdom, maturity, and Christian friendship through social, spiritual, and academic activities.
- Provide opportunities to engage with the local and broader communities, especially in endeavors related to cultural and intellectual interests, continuing education, catechetics, and faith formation.
- Steward the gifts and resources entrusted to the College to advance its mission.
Dr. William Smart
Associate Provost and Director of Institutional Research
(615) 297-7545 ext. 478
(615) 292-6094 fax