The Event Coordinator is responsible for facilitating various special events and gatherings for Aquinas College. The Event Coordinator provides general support for advancement and receptionist activities.
The Event Coordinator must be consistent at all times, in example and expression, with the tenets and morals of the Roman Catholic faith as articulated by the magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church. The Event Coordinator must witness by her/his public behavior, actions, and words a life consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church and supportive of the mission of Aquinas College.
- The Event Coordinator coordinates and implements various special events, gatherings, and luncheons for Aquinas College. This includes a variety of community-building, fundraising, donor and alumni cultivation events.
- The Event Coordinator obtains feedback from participants after events and suggests appropriate changes for future improvements.
- The Event Coordinator receives visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- The Event Coordinator answers, screens, and forwards incoming phone calls.
- The Event Coordinator supports and manage volunteers.
- The Event Coordinator seeks sponsorships and other donations related to events.
- The Event Coordinator collaborates with and assists the Siena Hall Coordinator as needed to meet the needs of groups using Siena Hall or the Aquinas Center.
- The Event Coordinator provides general support for advancement activities.
- The Event Coordinator performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement.
The individual fulfilling this position would need to have strong planning and organization skills and give careful attention to detail, ensuring that all details are in order for each event. Strong positive interpersonal communication skills are required, as the position requires working well with a variety of people. He or she should be able to work independently and possess personal initiative and a strong work ethic. This position works closely with the Advancement Assistant and is under the direct supervision of the President of Aquinas College. Flexibility in hours is occasionally required in order to meet event needs.
Regular hours are Monday through Thursday from noon until 3pm from mid-August through mid-May. Additional hours may be requested, based on schedule of events and availability of the Event Coordinator. The anticipated time commitment is 12-15 hours/week during the academic year.
Send cover letter with resume to Ms. Margaret Ledet at email@example.com.
Aquinas College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Aquinas College, as a Catholic institution, exists for the primary purpose of giving witness to Gospel truths and forming and educating students in the Catholic faith. Accordingly, to the greatest extent permitted by law, it reserves the right to make all decisions, including employment related decisions, based on principles of Catholic theological and moral teaching and in accord with the mission of Aquinas College. The College’s right to adhere to its religious principles in hiring is protected under the law, including without limitation, the First Amendment of the United States Constitution and the related ministerial exception, as well as the religious exemptions included in Title VII and Title IX of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The respectful discussion of, instruction in, and adherence to Catholic moral teachings and doctrine is an important part of the mission of Aquinas College, and is not discrimination or harassment.
Other Employment Opportunities
The Dominican Campus, comprising of three schools owned and operated by the Nashville Dominicans, is hiring for the following positions:
IT Senior Support Technician
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment. Collaborate with users to identify and resolve hardware and software problems. Assist users/departments in researching solutions and implementing requests. Assist the Network and Client Services Officer with infrastructure and server projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, maintain and diagnose computers, laptops and peripherals including but not limited to printers, audio visual and wireless devices.
- Use approved tools and methodologies to image, copy and configure systems for deployment.
- Place warranty calls and replace parts as needed.
- Configure, monitor and support mobile devices including iPads and cell phones.
- Serve as Helpdesk backup, record trouble calls and do first line troubleshooting.
- Research, test and evaluate potential new technology solutions
- Assist with system administration functions such as managing inventory and licensing, software updates and workstation antivirus
- May assist in management and installation of servers and other infrastructure including wireless networks
Knowledge and skills sought:
- Knowledge of a variety of widely used computer hardware and software and the ability to troubleshoot problems there with.
- Familiarity with network switches, routers and firewalls a plus
- Ability to set up and support Apple iPads and applications
- Thorough knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems and Microsoft 2016 Office Suite as well as familiarity with Microsoft Office 365
- Experience with Windows servers (Some knowledge of DHCP, DNS and Domain Controllers desirable)
- Knowledge of computer imaging with knowledge of FOG a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing including the skill to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users and to create detailed and thorough documentation
- Basic understanding of virtualization with knowledge of Microsoft Hyper V a plus
- Associate’s degree or higher computer information sciences or related field. Minimum of 4 years experience in installing, configuring and maintaining computer workstation hardware, software and peripherals. Additional experience may substitute for degree.
- Experience in an educational environment is desirable
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds, work in confined spaces and, on occasion, on a ladder.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines.
- Good problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must be punctual and present a professional image.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision care, life insurance, disability, 403(b) with employer match, generous paid time off.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to: ITposition@dominicancampus.org
Part-Time Facilities Maintenance Technician
The Dominican Campus maintenance department is seeking a part-time facilities maintenance technician, who enjoys a variety of tasks, to join our team to care for our beautiful, historic campus in a school setting. Duties include maintenance of physical plant, mechanical, and electrical equipment. Basic skills including painting, minor plumbing, and the use of hand and power tools is required, along with the ability to assist with moving furniture for event set-ups. Job includes work on ladders and capacity to lift up to 45 lbs. Interested individuals, please contact John Wall, The Dominican Campus Facilities Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org .