Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Aquinas College. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Assistant to the President
Other Employment Opportunities Outside of Aquinas College (Scroll Down)
Assistant to the President
The Assistant to the President provides administrative support to the President of Aquinas College in a wide variety of situations.
- The Assistant to the President must be consistent at all times, in example and expression, with the tenets and morals of the Roman Catholic faith as articulated by the magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church. The Executive Assistant to the President must witness by her/his public behavior, actions, and words a life consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church and supportive of the mission of Aquinas College.
- The Assistant to the President assists in all aspects of meetings of the Board of Directors and its committees, including preparing meeting minutes and providing hospitality.
- The Assistant to the President prepares meeting minutes for meetings of the President’s Cabinet, the Strategic Planning Committee, and any other meetings requested by the President.
- The Assistant to the President performs financial responsibilities at the discretion of the President, including preparation of purchase orders and check requests, distribution of monthly financial statements, deposits, etc.
- The Assistant to the President receives and submits requests to facilities and cleaning representatives.
- The Assistant to the President assists the President with facilitation of non-Aquinas facility-use requests.
- The Assistant to the President performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the President.
The individual fulfilling this position would need to be highly organized and detail-oriented. He or she should possess excellent planning and organization skills, as well as strong professional writing skills. Positive interpersonal communication skills are required, as the position requires collaboration with a number of other campus employees. He or she would need to be able to also work independently, be proficient in basic word processing and computer use, and possess a strong work ethic. This position would work closely with and be under the direct supervision of the President of Aquinas College. Some flexibility in hours is required on occasion.
Typical hours are Monday-Friday 8am-4pm, with an occasional need for some flexibility.
Send cover letter with resume to Sister Cecilia Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aquinas College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Aquinas College, as a Catholic institution, exists for the primary purpose of giving witness to Gospel truths and forming and educating students in the Catholic faith. Accordingly, to the greatest extent permitted by law, it reserves the right to make all decisions, including employment related decisions, based on principles of Catholic theological and moral teaching and in accord with the mission of Aquinas College. The College’s right to adhere to its religious principles in hiring is protected under the law, including without limitation, the First Amendment of the United States Constitution and the related ministerial exception, as well as the religious exemptions included in Title VII and Title IX of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The respectful discussion of, instruction in, and adherence to Catholic moral teachings and doctrine is an important part of the mission of Aquinas College, and is not discrimination or harassment.
Other Employment Opportunities
The Dominican Campus, comprising of three schools owned and operated by the Nashville Dominicans, is hiring for the following positions:
Facilities Maintenance Technician
The Dominican Campus maintenance department is seeking a facilities maintenance technician, who enjoys a variety of tasks, to join our team to care for our beautiful, historic campus in a school setting. Duties include maintenance of physical plant, mechanical, and electrical equipment. Basic skills including painting, minor plumbing, and the use of hand and power tools is required, along with the ability to assist with moving furniture for event set-ups. Job includes work on ladders and capacity to lift up to 45 lbs. Interested individuals, please contact John Wall, The Dominican Campus Facilities Manager, at email@example.com.
Facilities Lead HVAC Maintenance Technician
The Dominican Campus maintenance department is seeking a Lead HVAC Maintenance Technician, who enjoys a variety of tasks, to join our team to care for our beautiful, historic campus in a school setting. The person should have the ability to maintain varied HVAC equipment in a school setting. Perform basic maintenance of physical plant with knowledge of minor plumbing and electrical equipment, along with the ability to assist with moving furniture for event set-ups. Job includes work on ladders and capacity to lift up to 45 lbs. Interested individuals, please contact John Wall, The Dominican Campus Facilities Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.